The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is a credit card designed to meet the needs of business owners, offering numerous bonuses and rewards. It features an assortment of rewards programs and travel benefits, as well as access to exclusive events. This review aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the advantages of this card in order to help potential customers make informed decisions about their financial options.
The first section will provide an overview of the key features and benefits associated with The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. This includes details on the reward points system, the additional services provided by Amex such as concierge service, airport lounge access and more. Additionally, it covers promotional offers that may be available to new cardholders or those who have been using the card for some time.
Finally, this article will discuss customer reviews on The Business Platinum Card® from American Express in order to present both positive and negative feedback from past users. By examining these reviews, readers can gain insight into how satisfied customers are with their experience when using this particular credit card.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express is a premium business credit card designed to offer rewards, benefits and services for businesses. The card offers an array of features such as access to exclusive events, travel protection, flexible payment options and more. It also has no annual fees and provides up to 5X Membership Rewards points on qualifying purchases with American Express partners. In addition, it allows cardholders to earn bonus points when they use their cards at participating locations worldwide.
Cardholders can enjoy additional perks including complimentary airport lounge access, special discounts on car rentals, priority boarding privileges and free Wi-Fi hotspots around the world. They can also take advantage of American Express’s comprehensive concierge service which includes 24/7 assistance in arranging reservations, finding tickets and other activities related to leisure or business trips. Furthermore, customers have the option of applying for additional cards with different spending limits for employees or family members so that all expenses are managed conveniently under one account.
Benefits And Perks
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express offers a range of benefits and perks designed to provide convenience and value. These include:
- Access to airport lounges with complimentary food and drinks, Wi-Fi access, spa services, shower facilities, business centers, relaxation areas and more.
- A wide selection of rewards points that can be redeemed for travel expenses such as airline tickets, hotel stays, car rentals or gift cards at select retailers.
- Up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year on eligible US purchases made directly with airlines chosen by the cardholder.
- An exclusive offer of five times Membership Rewards Points when booking flights through Amex Travel on the Business Platinum Card.
These benefits are an attractive incentive for businesses looking for ways to maximize their spending power while minimizing their costs associated with traveling abroad or within the United States. Furthermore, these perks give businesses the flexibility to tailor their reward program to fit their specific needs. Additionally, customers will enjoy superior customer service backed by American Express’s commitment to providing outstanding customer service experiences every time they use their card either online or via telephone support representatives available 24/7 throughout the world in multiple languages.
Fees And Charges
Moving on from eligibility criteria, this section examines the fees and charges associated with The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
The cardholder must pay an annual fee of $595 as well as a one-time initiation fee of $175 for each authorized user added to the account within their first year using the card. In addition, there are foreign transaction fees typically charged at 2.7%. When making purchases in U.S. dollars outside of the United States or its territories, these fees apply.
Fees and Charges include:
- Annual Fee: $595 plus a one-time initiation fee of $175 per new authorized user
- Foreign Transaction Fees: 2.7% when purchasing in US Dollars outside USA/its territories
- Cash Advance Fee: 5% (minimum charge of $20)
- Late Payment Charge: Up to $40 if payment is not received by due date
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $40 if payment is returned unpaid
Additionally, balance transfers incur either a 3% or 5% transfer fee depending on which offer was selected upon application; credit limit increases also require a fee between $25-$49 depending on the request type and whether it has been requested previously that same year. It should be noted that while most transactions will attract no interest rate penalty during grace periods, cash advances do not qualify for such protection and accrue interest right away – so caution should be exercised when considering them.
Pros And Cons
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express offers many advantages for business owners. These include:
- Access to the American Express Global Lounge Collection with access to over 1200 airport lounges worldwide
- Centurion Lounges and International Airline Partner Lounges
- Priority Pass Select membership
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status and Hilton Honors Gold Status
- 5X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel, as well as prepaid hotels booked through amextravel.com
- Up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants and U.S. gas stations
- Car rental loss and damage insurance when renting a car with your card
However, there are also some drawbacks associated with this credit card. First, it carries an annual fee of $595, which can be costly for small businesses that don’t have high spending levels. Additionally, while rewards rates can be very attractive depending on what you spend money on, they are limited if you do not use the card frequently enough to qualify for bonus categories. Finally, although the welcome bonus is generous (up to 75k), the amount of required spending needed to earn it is quite high ($25K). All things considered, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express may be a great choice for those who travel often for business and take advantage of its benefits; however, its hefty price tag should be taken into consideration before applying.
The American Express Business Platinum Card offers a range of benefits and perks for business owners, making it an attractive choice for those looking to maximize their spending power. It has competitive fees and charges compared to other cards on the market, as well as generous rewards programs that can help businesses save money in the long run. Additionally, its eligibility criteria are quite straightforward which makes it easy to apply and be accepted.
In conclusion, the American Express Business Platinum Card is a great option for business owners who want to take advantage of all the benefits associated with membership. With no annual fee and competitive rates, this card provides excellent value for money along with many features designed specifically for business use. Furthermore, applying is relatively simple due to its straightforward eligibility criteria. All these factors combine to make the American Express Business Platinum Card a solid choice for any type of business owner seeking a powerful credit card solution.