The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a popular cash back credit card designed for everyday use. This card is an excellent choice for those who want to maximize rewards on practical spending categories like groceries and gas stations. With a $0 annual fee, cardholders can enjoy hassle-free rewards while managing their regular expenses.
With the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express, cardmembers can earn a respectable 3% cash back on their grocery shopping, making it an ideal option for those who predominantly spend on essentials without leaving home. Additionally, the card offers rewards in other everyday categories such as gas stations and select department stores. By focusing on these common spending areas, this cash-back card becomes a rewarding choice for consumers seeking to get the most value from their credit card use.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a popular cashback credit card with no annual fee. It comes with a range of rewarding features for cardholders who spend on everyday purchases such as groceries, gas, and more. Here are some of the key features of the Blue Cash Everyday Card:
Cashback Rewards Structure:
- 3% cashback on U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 annually, then 1%)
- 2% cashback at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
- 1% cashback on other purchases
Introductory Offer: The card offers a welcome bonus for new cardholders who meet a certain spend requirement within the specified time.
0% Intro APR: The Blue Cash Everyday Card provides a 0% introductory APR on purchases for a specified period of time. After the introductory period ends, a variable APR will apply, which ranges from 18.74% to 29.74%.
Foreign Transaction Fee: The card has a 2.7% foreign transaction fee, making it less suitable for international travelers.
Additional benefits include access to exclusive offers, purchase protection, extended warranty, and car rental loss and damage insurance. Remember to review the terms and conditions on the official Blue Cash Everyday Card website for the most up-to-date information on fees and benefits.
Rewards and Benefits
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers a variety of rewards and benefits, making it an attractive option for those looking to maximize their cash back on everyday purchases. One of the most notable features of this card is its cash back rewards program.
Cardholders can earn:
- 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%)
- 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
- 1% cash back on other purchases
These rewards rates make the Blue Cash Everyday® Card particularly appealing for users who spend a significant amount on groceries and gas. In addition to the cash back program, this card also offers a welcome bonus. New cardholders can earn a statement credit after they spend a certain amount in purchases within the first few months of card membership. The exact welcome bonus and spending requirement can vary and should be checked on the American Express website for the most up-to-date information.
Besides cash back rewards, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express also comes with additional benefits. Cardholders have access to travel and shopping perks such as:
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- Global Assist® Hotline
- Extended warranty on eligible purchases
- Purchase protection
- Fraud protection
- Access to exclusive entertainment events through Amex Experiences
These benefits make the Blue Cash Everyday® Card more than just a cash back card, providing additional value to cardholders throughout various aspects of their lives.
Fees and Interest Rates
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express has the advantage of charging a $0 annual fee, making it an attractive option for those seeking cash back rewards without any additional costs.
The card has a variable APR that ranges from 18.74% to 29.74% based on your creditworthiness. It’s essential to be aware of your interest rate, as carrying a balance can lead to additional costs.
Besides the annual fee and interest rates, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express also has other fees associated with its use. Some of these fees include:
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars.
- Cash Advance Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater.
It’s important to carefully review the card’s fees and terms to understand how they may impact your costs when using the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express.
Pros and Cons of the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express comes with several benefits, making it an attractive choice for those seeking cash-back rewards on everyday purchases. However, it is essential to consider the card’s limitations when deciding if it is the right fit for your wallet.
- Good cash-back rewards: The card offers 3% cash-back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in purchases each year, then 1% back after, making it a great choice for grocery spending. It also provides 2% cash-back at U.S. gas stations and select department stores, making it a solid choice for everyday expenses.
- $0 annual fee: The Blue Cash Everyday® Card has no annual fee, making it an affordable choice for those looking to earn rewards without incurring additional yearly costs.
- Introductory APR offer: The card features a competitive introductory APR on purchases, making it a good choice for those looking to finance a large purchase over several months.
- Limitations on rewards: The 3% cash-back at U.S. supermarkets is limited to $6,000 in purchases per year, after which the rate drops to 1%. This means if you spend heavily on groceries, the rewards potential might be limited beyond the $6,000 mark.
- No travel rewards: The card primarily focuses on cash-back rewards for everyday spending categories, meaning it lacks travel-specific benefits or rewards, which might not be ideal for frequent travelers.
- Foreign transaction fees: The Blue Cash Everyday® Card charges a foreign transaction fee for international purchases, making it less suitable for those looking to use the card for travel or shopping abroad.
Comparing with Similar Cards
When considering the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express, it’s important to compare it with similar cards in the market. One of the closest competitors is the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
Both cards offer bonus rewards on gas and groceries, but there are some key differences between the two. The Blue Cash Preferred® Card offers higher rewards rates on these categories, but comes with an annual fee. Here’s a quick overview of the rewards structure of each card:
|Blue Cash Everyday®||Blue Cash Preferred®|
|U.S. Supermarkets||3% cash back||6% cash back|
|U.S. Gas Stations||2% cash back||3% cash back|
|Select U.S. Department Stores||2% cash back||1% cash back|
|Other Purchases||1% cash back||1% cash back|
Another card worth comparing is the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card, which focuses on rewards points instead of cash back. This card offers 2x points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year) and 1x points on other purchases. Additionally, it comes with a 20% bonus on points if you make 20 or more purchases in a billing period.
In conclusion, when choosing between these cards, consider your spending habits and preferences for cash back or rewards points. The Blue Cash Everyday® Card is a solid option for those who prefer no annual fee and cash back rewards, while the Blue Cash Preferred® Card or Amex EveryDay® Credit Card may be more suitable for those willing to pay an annual fee for higher rewards rates or flexible points redemption options.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a solid no-annual-fee option for individuals seeking rewards on everyday expenses. With 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, U.S. gas stations, and online retail, this card packs a punch for those who spend primarily in these categories.
However, it is essential to be aware of certain drawbacks, such as the balance transfer fee of 3% (min $5) and a regular APR ranging from 18.74% to 29.74%, which may not be the most competitive option for individuals seeking low-interest rates or balance transfer benefits. Additionally, its rewards may not cater to those who spend more on dining or travel.
In comparison to other cashback cards, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card may not be the most rewarding in terms of overall reward rates. However, for those who can take full advantage of its grocery and gas rewards, it can still prove to be a worthwhile option.