The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card from Chase is a popular option for travelers who are loyal to the Marriott brand. This versatile hotel rewards card offers a generous sign-up bonus and allows cardholders to earn points for all their purchases, with a focus on Marriott stays.
With its diverse range of benefits, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card can be a valuable addition to the wallet of frequent Marriott guests. In this review, we will explore the features, rewards, and potential drawbacks of this card, helping you decide if it’s the right fit for your travel and booking preferences.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card is designed for frequent travelers who prefer the Marriott brand. The card offers a range of benefits to enhance your travel experiences, including point rewards and free nights. In this section, we’ll discuss some of the key features of the card.
The most notable feature is the generous sign-up bonus of 100,000 points. This bonus can be redeemed for multiple nights at a Marriott property, allowing you to save on accommodation while traveling.
In addition to the sign-up bonus, the card also offers a high earning rate on Marriott stays. According to CNN, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card provides a solid rewards rate for Marriott hotel stays, enabling you to accumulate points more quickly. This can lead to more free nights and other redemption opportunities within the Marriott Bonvoy program.
Another key feature of the card is the annual free night award. The cardholder is eligible for a free night every year, which can be used at properties with a redemption level up to 35,000 points. This annual bonus can significantly increase the value of the card for frequent travelers who often stay at Marriott-branded hotels.
Additional benefits of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card include the following:
- 15 elite night credits each year
- Complimentary Silver Elite status
- Path to Gold Elite Status when you spend $35,000 annually
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to exclusive Marriott Bonvoy events
Overall, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card is an appealing option for guests who frequently enjoy stays at Marriott properties. The variety of benefits and generous point earning opportunities make the card valuable for those looking to earn and redeem Marriott Bonvoy points.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card allows you to accumulate rewards points for every purchase you make. This can help you accrue points quickly to be used for stays at Bonvoy hotels or other related benefits.
When you use the card at participating Marriott hotels, you will earn 6 Marriott points per dollar spent. Moreover, for every dollar you spend on all other purchases, you will receive 2 Marriott points. These reward points make the card valuable for frequent travelers and those who patronize Marriott properties regularly.
In addition to the points earned through spending, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card offers a substantial sign-up bonus of 100,000 points. This bonus provides a significant boost to your rewards balance, which can be applied towards free nights and other Marriott benefits, adding value to the cardmembership.
The points earned with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card can be redeemed in various ways, including hotel stays, experiences, gift cards, and more. This flexibility allows cardholders to enjoy a diverse range of rewards and benefits within the Marriott Bonvoy ecosystem.
One of the key benefits of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card is the ability to redeem accumulated points for various rewards. Hotel stays are the primary option for redeeming points, offering cardholders a chance to book accommodations at a wide range of Marriott properties, as mentioned on Investopedia.
In addition to hotel stays, cardholders can use their points for other travel-related expenses, such as airline flights or car rental bookings. You can also transfer points to participating airline loyalty programs, which may provide added flexibility and value for frequent travelers.
It’s important to note that the value of your points may vary depending on how you choose to redeem them. While redeeming for hotel stays tends to provide the best value, other options may be worthwhile based on your specific travel needs and preferences.
Another aspect to consider when redeeming points is the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program’s tiered structure. This allows cardholders to achieve different status levels – Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, and Ambassador Elite – based on nights stayed at Marriott properties or points earned through the credit card. Achieving higher status levels can unlock additional perks, such as room upgrades and late check-out options, which can enhance your overall travel experience.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card offers a variety of travel benefits that can enhance your travel experience and help you save money. One of the card’s most valuable features is the annual free night stay at participating Marriott properties. This can be redeemed at hotels with a redemption level of up to 35,000 points, providing a significant savings opportunity for cardholders.
Another notable perk of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card is the automatic Silver Elite status that comes with card membership. With this status, you’ll enjoy benefits such as priority late check-out, 10% bonus points on stays, and free Wi-Fi. Additionally, cardholders can fast-track to Gold Elite status by spending $35,000 within an account year, which offers even better benefits.
Beyond the Elite status, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card also provides a number of additional travel benefits, including:
- 15 Elite Night Credits – Each calendar year, you’ll receive 15 credits towards your next Elite status tier, helping you advance more quickly.
- No foreign transaction fees – You won’t have to worry about extra costs when making purchases outside the United States, as the card waives foreign transaction fees.
- Travel and purchase protection benefits – The card includes features such as trip delay reimbursement, lost luggage reimbursement, and purchase protection, which can provide added peace of mind when traveling.
Taking full advantage of these travel perks can greatly improve your travel experience and provide substantial savings, making the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card a valuable companion for frequent travelers staying at Marriott properties.
Annual Fee and APR
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card has an annual fee of $95, which is reasonable for a hotel rewards card with its range of benefits and bonuses. As cardholders can receive a free night award every year upon card renewal, this can easily make up for the cost of the annual fee when used strategically at a valuable Marriott property.
Regarding the interest rates on this credit card, the regular Annual Percentage Rate (APR) varies between 20.24% and 27.24%, depending on the cardholder’s creditworthiness. It is important for cardholders to be aware of the interest rates associated with carrying a balance on their card.
When it comes to late payment fees, a penalty APR of up to 29.99% may be applied, making it crucial for cardholders to make timely payments to avoid increased interest charges.
In summary, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card carries a $95 annual fee, a variable regular APR range of 20.24% to 27.24%, and a potential penalty APR of up to 29.99% for late payments.
Pros and Cons
As with any credit card, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card from Chase has its share of pros and cons for potential cardholders to consider. Here are some of the key advantages and disadvantages to help you make an informed decision:
- Generous sign-up bonus: The card offers a substantial signup bonus, which can provide a significant boost to your Marriott Bonvoy rewards balance. According to CNN, you can earn a free night with the card’s sign-up bonus.
- High earning rate on Marriott stays: The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card earns an impressive rate for cardholders’ spending at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, as cited by NerdWallet.
- Free night award: Cardholders receive an annual free night award after their account anniversary, which can be redeemed at eligible hotels within the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Automatic Silver Elite status: As a cardmember, you’ll enjoy complimentary Silver Elite status in the Marriott Bonvoy program, providing access to a range of benefits and discounts.
- Annual fee: The card comes with an annual fee, which might deter some potential cardholders.
- Limited appeal for non-Marriott loyalists: The card is most valuable to those who frequently stay at Marriott properties, as the rewards earning rates and benefits are weighted towards spending within the hotel network.
- Foreign transaction fees: The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card charges a foreign transaction fee, making it less appealing for international travelers who may prefer a card with no such fees.
It’s essential to weigh the pros and cons of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card from Chase to determine if it’s the right fit for your travel rewards needs and spending habits.
Comparison to Other Cards
When comparing the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card to other cards, it’s essential to consider other co-branded and rewards cards in the market. Two popular options to compare with are the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ card and the Hilton Honors American Express card.
First, let’s compare the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card with the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ card:
- Sign-up bonus: The Boundless card typically offers a higher sign-up bonus when compared to the Bold card.
- Annual fee: The Boundless card has an annual fee, while the Bold card does not.
- Rewards rate: The Boundless card has a higher rewards rate for Marriott stays than the Bold card.
- Free annual night: Boundless card offers a Free Night Award for card anniversary, while the Bold card does not.
Now, let’s compare the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card to the Hilton Honors American Express card:
- Sign-up bonus: Both cards offer competitive sign-up bonuses, although they may vary based on promotional periods.
- Annual fee: The Hilton Honors card does not have an annual fee, unlike the Boundless card.
- Rewards rate: Hilton Honors card offers a higher rewards rate for Hilton stays, while Boundless offers higher rewards for Marriott stays.
- Point value: Hilton Honors points are typically worth less than Marriott Bonvoy points when redeemed for hotel stays.
- Hotel chain: Of course, Boundless cardholders will earn rewards with Marriott properties, while Hilton Honors cardholders earn rewards with Hilton properties.
In summary, the appropriate choice of credit card depends on individual preferences, travel habits, and loyalty to a specific hotel brand. Factors like the annual fee, rewards rate, and additional benefits can influence the choice of a card that best suits an individual’s needs.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card is a reasonable choice for frequent travelers who are loyal to the Marriott brand. With its appealing sign-up bonus of 100,000 points and a $95 annual fee, the card offers value to those who frequently stay at Marriott properties.
Cardholders can enjoy the benefits of automatic Silver Elite status and the potential to earn even higher status levels through spending. Additionally, the card offers a yearly free night award, which can offset the annual fee for many users. Thus, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card provides many travel benefits and rewards that Marriott loyalists will find appealing.
However, those who are not frequent guests at Marriott hotels may want to consider alternative hotel or travel rewards credit cards that better align with their travel habits and preferences. Taking the time to research and compare various cards will help ensure you find the one that best suits your needs.